Five-Ingredient Marinated Grilled Salmon
Thanksgiving has passed, and even though you have a fridge full of turkey, mashed potatoes, and all the fixin's, you had enough turkey yesterday; it may be a little soon for a turkey sandwich. You need a simple, quick recipe to get you by without a lot of prep after a day of Black Friday shopping. Here is Five-Ingredient Marinated Grilled Salmon for a delightfully flavorful alternative to leftover poultry.
Get bold flavors in just five ingredients, headlined by soy, Dijon mustard, and garlic. The protein from the salmon, herbaceous notes from fresh parsley, and a nice bite from the Dijon will have your taste buds dancing. As an added bonus, this recipe is easy to pull together. Quickly grilled over medium-high heat, and you'll have a delicious, no-hassle meal in just 20 minutes. So, ditch day-after turkey for fresh grilled salmon with unique flavors, and keep the holiday going another day!
Five-Ingredient Marinated Grilled Salmon Ingredients
- 3 lb. side of salmon, skin on
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (1 large clove)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley (optional, for looks)
Five-Ingredient Marinated Grilled Salmon Directions
- Lay salmon skin-side down on a cutting board and cut salmon crosswise into 6 equal portions, transfer to a 13 by 9-inch baking dish skin side down.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, mustard, garlic, and olive oil until the mixture is emulsified (entirely comes together).
- Set aside about 2 Tbsp of the marinade mixture, then spoon and spread the remaining mixture over salmon, let rest at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill over medium-high heat to about 400 degrees F. Clean grill grates and brush with oil.
- Place salmon on grill skin side down and cook about 4 minutes, then carefully flip (I sort of roll it) and continue to cook another 4 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Remove skin from salmon, then plate and brush remaining 2 Tbsp marinade mixture over salmon.
- Serve warm garnished with parsley if desired.
Taken from cookingclassy.com https://www.cookingclassy.com/5-ingredient-marinated-grilled-salmon/#jump-to-recipe